Interesting developments on the Word Magazine website, they've added an album map.
The map in typical Google Maps fashion pinpoints the spots where iconic album cover photographs were taken. You can zoom in by double-clicking an area of the map or by using the slider on the left hand side. Click on a blue marker to see details of that album.
Some recommended locations for music connoisseurs are:
- The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
- Microdisney - The Clock Comes Down The Stairs
- London Calling - The Clash
- Heaven Up Here - Echo & The Bunnymen
- Coles Corner - Richard Hawley (It's not Sheffield)
- Spring Hill Fair - The Go-Betweens
But don't stop there - you can add your own favourites to the map. It's really simple to do - well for some people....
By the way, there is a Summer Open Neck shirt on Friday 25 July 2008, I might go along...