Some Memories of Student Life in 1978
- People with strange and unusual names: Julian Bickerton; Ramy Zack; Nicholas Bodicombe; Peter Sebastian Younger ……and ‘Neil Smith’.
- In the first week being moved from Royal Ford Hall of Residence to Cavendish Halls because we had no water supply.
- Early Cavendish Gigs – Gruppo Sportivo, Joe Jackson, The Fall, Stiff Little Fingers.
- Skirmishes at Didsbury Union with the Rugby team. Nick Broad threatening to take on all the Rugby Team in a fight.
- Bizarrely being attacked by young kids in Didsbury and repelling them all too easily.
- Aytoun Street Coffee Bar and the Table Football games.
- Beers in front of the Old Cock Pub in hot weather.
- Nick ‘Bodysnatcher’ Bodicombe smoothing himself around the girls.
- Peter stealing Adele’s underwear.
- Dislocating my finger playing cricket at Royal Ford – Smudger put it back into the socket.
- Wire at ‘The Factory’, Russell Club in Hulme
- Wigan’s first season in the Football League.
- Jimmy ‘Mr Aston Villa’ Williams – where are you now Jimmy?
- The Plaza – Curries for the criminally drunk, the ‘Hot’, the ‘Killer’, and the ‘Suicide’.
- The Toyota 1000 – Did I really ‘only’ charge 50p a ride?
I look forward to your memories of 1978.